PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — The following press release was sent by the Office of the Mayor of Prichard.
Unedited press release from the Office of the Mayor of Prichard
Prichard, Alabama – May 22, 2020: An employee of Prichard Public Works has tested positive for COVID-19. All garbage services have been suspended until the employees who have been in contact with this individual have been tested and released from quarantine.
Mayor Jimmie Gardner provided the following statement:
“As I’ve shared with Prichard City Council, I asked all employees to be tested. We will continue our efforts to provide safety measures as directed by the CDC, the Mobile County Health Department, and the health professionals. The employees’ health as well as the citizens’ health are of first and foremost importance. We will shut down some of the Public Works operations until all proper cleaning and disinfecting of the building and equipment is done. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time. I will provide a plan to the public once it’s completed on the next steps and actions of the city.”
If you have questions about the City of Prichard closures, please contact the Office of the Mayor via email at email@example.com.
- MCHD testing healthcare facility employees for COVID-19
- Live updates: George Floyd protests continue nationwide
- Tropical Storm Cristobal churning in the Bay of Campeche, Gulf Coast impacts possible this weekend
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab reopens while taking safety precautions
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of George Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’