PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A section of Palafox Street in downtown Pensacola will be converted to pedestrian traffic only on Sunday.
Palafox Street from Garden Street to Main Street will be open to pedestrians only from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. City government says this action is being take to “promote safe outdoor retail and restaurant activity for businesses” and for people visiting downtown during the Mother’s Day holiday.
Residents are encouraged come support local restaurants and businesses as they enter economic recovery. However, CDC guidelines, including social distancing, do apply.
- Here’s when you can see the ‘Christmas Star’ for the first time in 800 years
- Teacher wins 2-year, rent-free lease in Kansas City luxury apartment
- US adds 245,000 jobs as virus threatens the economy’s slow comeback
- Trooper-shooting suspect killed in NY shootout with US marshals
- Texas high school football player attacks referee