EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Have you eaten a lot of chocolate during the pandemic? You’re not alone.
Chocolate sales have spiked in the past few months, according to a report from the National Confectioners Association. The data shows demand for the confection has surpassed demand for overall candy from March to August.
Premium chocolate saw the largest growth with a sales spike of 12.5%, and non-premium chocolate saw a sales increase of 5.5%. The overall candy market increased by 3.8%.
The U.S. Chocolate Market is expected to surpass $20 billion by 2025, according to Global Market Research Firm IndexBox.
- ‘Tiger King’s’ Jeff Lowe willing to give up big cats, lawyer says
- Prince Harry says he contemplated quitting royal life several times in his 20s
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- Looking to buy a home? US mortgage rates fall for 4th straight week
- More than 300 universities across the US requiring students to receive COVID-19 vaccine