EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Have you eaten a lot of chocolate during the pandemic? You’re not alone.
Chocolate sales have spiked in the past few months, according to a report from the National Confectioners Association. The data shows demand for the confection has surpassed demand for overall candy from March to August.
Premium chocolate saw the largest growth with a sales spike of 12.5%, and non-premium chocolate saw a sales increase of 5.5%. The overall candy market increased by 3.8%.
The U.S. Chocolate Market is expected to surpass $20 billion by 2025, according to Global Market Research Firm IndexBox.
- City of Saraland cancels Christmas Parade
- ‘This will be my first Christmas as an official mom:’ Families hope to encourage others across the Gulf Coast to adopt a child
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Mobile native, former NFL player Darius Philon holds turkey giveaway