BEIJING (AP) – China is recording more confirmed cases of the new virus, as the death toll grows and countries around the world enforce stricter measures to contain the spread. Fatalities have increased to 722 on the Chinese mainland, almost all of them in and around the epicenter of Wuhan in central Hubei province. A 60-year-old American is among the new fatalities in Wuhan. China’s ruling Communist Party faces continuing anger and recriminations from the public over the death of a doctor who was threatened by police after trying to sound the alarm about the disease over a month ago.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Spring Sport Shout Out: Tyler Bell
- Spotty showers possible tonight, Higher rain chances for Tuesday and Wednesday
- Accident at Government and Stocking streets in midtown Mobile
- Loved ones of missing swimmers ‘praying for a miracle’
- Mississippi authorities looking for vehicle involved in 20-mile road rage incident that left one man dead