GULFPORT, Miss. (WKRG) — Two Carnival Cruise Ships are moored at the Port of Gulfport. The ships are the Carnival Valor and the Carnival Freedom.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency reports while there are no passengers aboard, there are crew members on each ship. The crews are not allowed to leave the port and can only disembark from the vessel for ship-side maintenance, according to MEMA.
MEMA reports a Norweigian cruise ship is anchored offshore and will moor at the Port of Gulfport every 6-8 days for resupply.
This comes as the cruise line industry agreed to stop cruises for 30 days amid coronavirus concerns.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES
- Socially distanced Mardi Gras boat parade set for next month on Fish River
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- New COVID variant in California tied to multiple outbreaks
- “I just think they owe me more of an explanation” Mobile resident says ADPH canceled his covid-19 vaccination appointment
- Pharmacies, urgent cares begin giving COVID-19 vaccine to 75 and older