Mobile, Ala. (WKRG) — Many of you are focusing on the yard and garden while self-isolating because of coronavirus. We’ve gotten many questions about mosquitos and whether they can further spread the virus.
So, here’s the good news—
The World Health Organization says the virus is not spread by mosquitoes. WHO says there is no evidence to support that mosquitoes or ticks could spread the disease.
In order for that to happen, according to the American Mosquito Control Organization, the virus must be able to replicate inside a mosquito.
WHO says covid-19 is a respiratory disease spread through droplets after someone coughs or sneezes.
- Attorney confirms Vanessa Guillen remains positively identified
- Tracking the Tropics: A developing low pressure system in the Gulf of Mexico has a medium chance of development over the next 5 days
- Another deadly motorcycle crash in SD as Sturgis nears
- Low pressure system developing in the Gulf of Mexico, widespread showers and thunderstorms tomorrow
- Florida surpasses 200K coronavirus cases as state reports 10K+ new positives