Mobile, Ala. (WKRG) — Many of you are focusing on the yard and garden while self-isolating because of coronavirus. We’ve gotten many questions about mosquitos and whether they can further spread the virus.
So, here’s the good news—
The World Health Organization says the virus is not spread by mosquitoes. WHO says there is no evidence to support that mosquitoes or ticks could spread the disease.
In order for that to happen, according to the American Mosquito Control Organization, the virus must be able to replicate inside a mosquito.
WHO says covid-19 is a respiratory disease spread through droplets after someone coughs or sneezes.
- Be ‘that’ neighbor with Walmart’s over-the-top Halloween yard decor
- Shutdown averted: Political winners and losers
- New Orleans Saints fall to Tampa Bay Buccaneers 26-9
- Fire near USA campus leaves businesses closed
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’