SAN FRANCISCO, Calif (CNN Newsource) – The mayor of San Francisco is urging people not to gather for an annual marijuana celebration.
April 20 is 4/20 day and has become popular with cannabis users supposedly because of an old trend of smoking pot at 4:20 in the afternoon.
This year, San Francisco Mayor London Breed says area around Robin Williams Meadow in Golden Gate Park, the site of the annual 4/20 celebration, will be fenced off and police will be patrolling the area.
She says it’s just not safe for people to celebrate with coronavirus still spreading.
- Georgia doctor shares tips on recovering from COVID-19 at home
- Family of dead soldier questions US Army’s handling of sexual assault and retaliation
- Madison County man finds drugs in car bought from government auction in Tennessee
- RIP: Mars digger bites the dust after 2 years on red planet
- Dr. Maya Angelou honored with a Barbie doll