NEW YORK (AP) — Antonio Banderas says he’s tested positive for COVID-19 and is celebrating his 60th birthday in quarantine.
The Spanish actor announced his positive test in a post Monday on Instagram. Banderas said he would spend his time in isolation reading, writing and “making plans to begin to give meaning to my 60th year to which I arrive full of enthusiasm.”
“I would like to add that I am relatively well, just a little more tired than usual and hoping to recover as soon as possible following medical instructions that I hope will allow me to overcome the infection that I and so many people in the world are suffering from,” wrote Banderas.
A spokeperson for Banderas didn’t immediate respond to messages Monday.
Earlier this year, Banderas was nominated for the Academy Award for best actor for his performance in Pedro Almodóvar’s “Pain & Glory.”
- Woman says cemetery owners refuse to remove tree, told her to drive over graves
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games
- Popular Smoky Mountain motorcycle route vandalized with Black Lives Matter graffiti
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- Watch Live: 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests