ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A 71 -year-old man has died from coronavirus complications, according the Florida Department of Health’s latest update.
The man’s case is not travel-related and FDOH says he did not come into contact with someone who had a confirmed case of COVID-19.
His death marks the ninth COVID-19 death in Escambia County.
The county now has had a 337 confirmed cases.
Neighboring Santa Rosa and Okaloosa County have 141 and 134 cases respectively.
In Florida, there have now been more than 27,000 confirmed cases and 839 deaths.
- New Orleans Police: 2 officers ‘ambushed’ in French Quarter
- Birmingham bar owner to close business on election day, staff to serve as poll workers
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor
- Scary good resale value: Sold-out 12′ Home Depot skeleton is reselling for more than $1,500