PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Two prisons in Northwest Florida are reporting hundreds of new cases of COVID-19 after all inmates were tested for the virus.
At Century Correctional Institution in Escambia County, 759 inmates have tested positive, which is more than half of the prison population. Thirty-two staff members have tested positive. There were 748 inmates who tested negative.
At Santa Rosa Correctional Institution, 799 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19 and 139 staff members have tested positive. There were 1,718 inmates who tested negative.
You can track the latest numbers in prisons at the Florida Department of Corrections website.
- Curfew lifted for unincorporated areas of Baldwin County
- Happiness class — free online — is most popular at Yale, especially during pandemic
- “Thriller Nights of Light” to kickoff Friday in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium
- ESPN: NFL doctor accidentally punctured QB’s lung
- Road to Recovery: Staff works to clean up mess Hurricane Sally left on Orange Beach