SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A 65-year-old Santa Rosa County man has died of coronavirus complications, the Florida Department of Health reports.
The man’s death marks the fifth coronavirus-related death reported in Santa Rosa County.
An 84-year-old man, 71-year-old man, 69-year-old man, and an 81-year-old woman have also died. Their cases were previously reported.
Santa Rosa County has had 118 confirmed COVID-19 cases. Neighboring Escambia and Okaloosa counties have had 277 cases and 117 cases respectively.
There have been 668 deaths in Florida. There have now been more than 23,000 confirmed cases statewide.
- Newsfeed Now: Isaias makes landfall; Reporter shares story of recovery
- Doctors warn people without fevers may still have COVID-19
- Birmingham man charged with stealing from fallen Huntsville officer’s memorial fund
- Census ending data collection for 2020 count a month early
- Yosemite urges drivers to slow down after at least 4 bears hit by vehicles, 2 fatally, in last 3 weeks