NEW YORK (AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says three children in the state have now died from a possible complication from the coronavirus involving swollen blood vessels and heart problems.
At least 73 children in New York have been diagnosed with symptoms similar to Kawasaki disease — a rare inflammatory condition — and toxic shock syndrome.
Cuomo announced two more deaths on Saturday, a day after discussing the death of a 5-year-old boy at a New York City hospital. There is no proof that the virus causes the syndrome.
The CDC has asked the state “to develop national criteria” that other states can follow when investigating these cases.
- Hot, hot, hot! What you should know to keep yourself safe in extreme heat
- Alabama deadline for state taxes is Wednesday, July 15, here’s how to file
- Former Mythbusters’ host Grant Imahara, dies unexpectedly at 49
- ‘Motorcyclists have got common sense:’ Myrtle Beach Bike Week kicks off, thousands expected
- Clergyman and wife test positive for COVID-19