BILOXI, Miss. (WKRG) — Keesler Air Force Base is currently monitoring three positive cases of COVID-19 for an active duty Airman, the spouse of a sister service member, and a retiree.
The individuals are in isolation, and the Mississippi Department of Health has been notified. On-base public health officials have begun the contact tracing process to notify those who may have come in contact with the positive individuals.
“What this does remind us is that we need to remain dilligent in our efforts to keep social distancing, washing our hands and if you are sick, please stay home,” said Col. Heather Blackwell, 81st Training Wing commander.
The official press release can be found here.
- St. Paul’s beats Pleasant Grove to win 5A State Championship
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- USA Health reports COVID-19 testing up 20 percent since Thanksgiving
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video