(CNN Newsource) — Police say a tip about a corpse in a shed led officers to 17 bodies in a nursing home morgue Monday.
Andover Sub-Acute and Rehab Center Two is one of new jersey’s largest nursing homes.
Officers didn’t find a body in the shed…
…but while they were there, employees asked them for help with bodies in the morgue – which the New York Times reports is only meant to hold four bodies.
The police chief said the facility was overwhelmed and short-staffed.
It’s not clear if the deaths were a result of the coronavirus.
Police didn’t identify the victims.
Authorities transferred 13 bodies to a refrigerated trailer at a hospital.
Four remained on site.
No comment from the nursing home has been provided at this time yet.
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests
- Drew Brees apologizes for flag comments: ‘We all need to listen’
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 4, 2020
- Moving from outrage to creativity: Oklahoma musicians,producers write songs to fight racial injustice
- Arkansas man delivers donuts to officers during protests