PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — George Floyd will be remembered across CUMULUS MEDIA and Westwood One radio stations Tuesday, June 9. The 8 minute and 46-second audio tribute airing at 12:00 p.m.(CST) will mark the burial of George Floyd.
According to a press release, the nationwide tribute, entitled “8:46-Remembering George Floyd,” will honor him and the many other victims who have perished at the hands of systemic racism.
In Pensacola, Sonshine of Magic 106.1 will be at Graffiti Bridge at 12:00 for the broadcast.
Kenny Smoov, Vice President, Urban Formats, CUMULUS MEDIA and Westwood One, said: “People are tired. They want change now. They want Peace now. It is a beautiful thing to see people from outside of the African American community and from all over the world coming together to say ENOUGH! Let’s be the living generation that ends systemic racism!”
CUMULUS MEDIA owns and operates 37 Urban-formatted radio stations in 25 U.S. markets. Westwood One is the largest audio network in America, with nearly 8,000 affiliated stations.
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Dog taken in stolen car in Denver found 2 weeks later
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?