PARIS, France (CBS) — The bell in the south tower of Notre Dame in Paris rang Wednesday to mark the first anniversary of the fire that gutted the cathedral.
France has vowed to rebuild the cathedral within five years, but restoration work has paused because of the coronavirus pandemic. The ringing happened at the same moment people stopped to clap for health care workers.
- Dallas 7-Eleven becomes ultimate gamer’s paradise
- McGill-Toolen assistant basketball coach dies after battling COVID-19
- Escambia County Schools ask community for feedback to update wellness policy
- California woman accused of questioning man’s immigration status, then attacking him with laptop
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers