SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) — Saturday was a special day for a special young woman in Saraland. Members of the Mobile Police Department organized a birthday drive-by procession for 18-year-old Julia Charles. Julia is on the autism spectrum and loves the police.
“A few of our officers wanted to do something special for Julia, as they strongly believe in building relationships with the special needs community,” according to a news release. The procession included vehicles from the Mobile Police Department, Saraland Police Department, and Citronelle.
- Warmer and Stormier Days Ahead
- Escambia County, FL schools reopen for first time following Sally landfall
- Mobile ranks high for focus on single family homes
- Tree crushes man’s two cars in Semmes
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020