MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — More people than ever have been looking for food assistance since the health and economic strain of the coronavirus pandemic. Another local church is stepping up to help. Pathway Church began a “Truck to Trunk” food giveaway Tuesday at their Airport Boulevard location. It continues tomorrow at their Moffett Road location. They’ll continue it weekly. Tuesdays at 10 am their Airport location and Thursdays at their Moffett Road Campus.
“This is not a handout, this is something from us to you to say ‘we’re in this together’,” said Pastor Travis Johnson. The pastor says the food comes from a partnership between the church and “Farmers to Families.” That’s a USDA program designed to help families during the pandemic with food needs. The video in this story is courtesy of Pathway Church.
- Hot weekend ahead, heat advisory in place for coastal communities
- Electronics, scrap metal, tire recycling Saturday for Mobile County Commission District 2 residents
- Oakleigh Mansion reopening postponed due to COVID-19 concerns
- Federal Aid to fight housing discrimination heads to Mobile
- Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. donates nearly 300,000 eggs to Alabama food banks