ROME, Italy (CNN) — Saturday, April 25, 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of Italy’s Liberation from the Italian Fascists and Nazi occupation of World War II.
Italians in Rome were seen waving the Italian flag and singing the national anthem “Bella Ciao.” Sergio Mattarella, Italy’s president said while the coronavirus had forced Italians to celebrate in their homes, remembering Italy’s partisans meant “reaffirming the values of freedom, justice, and social cohesion.”
- People camp out for Mobile County Health Department COVID-19 vaccine
- Ramczyk details ‘pride’ Saints take in run game
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Flora-Bama stays busy Friday selling lottery tickets