THOMASVILLE, Ala. (WKRG) – Thomasville resident Renae Williams shared photos of a police officer performing an act of kindness in the community over the weekend.
“With all the negativity and hatred going on in our world, she experienced a beautiful, simple, yet profound act of kindness this morning,” said Williams who was speaking of her grandmother who turned 92 years old on Saturday.
Williams said police responded to a call that someone’s mailbox had been knocked down on Friday night, but it’s how the officer responded that has her praising him this weekend.
“He took immediate action. He took it upon himself to do what we were already preparing to do, he repaired the damaged area and replaced the mailbox,” she added.
- Event planned to honor murder victim in Mobile Saturday
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Woman killed in Friday night crash in Escambia County, Florida
- Motorcycle memorial must go, Texas family fights HOA after loved-one’s death