CODEN, Ala. (WKRG) — Dozens of families in south Mobile County have more to eat today. Members of the South Bay Community Alliance say they helped 100 families Saturday. A food drive that was scheduled for three hours ended in half that time after all the boxes of food were given away.
Lori Bosarge with the alliance said the event was wonderful but also devastating. They distributed 250 boxes of food but they had to turn away about 50 vehicles when supplies ran out. She said most of the people who got assistance live south of Highway 90. Bosarge said she hopes, with the survey they did Saturday, they can connect with larger organizations for donations or funding.
- Tropical Depression 28 strengthens into Tropical Storm Zeta
- “Everything was on fire,” witnesses describe moments after Foley plane crash
- Kids enjoy COVID-safe Halloween at Bellingrath Home and Gardens
- Charity event raises funds for project to help the homeless
- Saban says Alabama’s Jaylen Waddle likely needs surgery