SUMMERDALE, Ala. (WKRG) — Robert Donahue III, 5, takes the motto “dress for the job you want” to heart. According to a Facebook post from his mother Ashleigh Monday, they were in the front yard watering plants and young Robert was outside in his kid-sized police uniform.
The School Resource Officer for Summerdale Police pulled over and stopped for a chat. The kind gesture was appreciated by the family.
“[Robert] has wanted to be a police officer for about a year and he got a uniform for his birthday in June. We can barely take it off him to be washed,” wrote his mom Ashleigh Donahue in a Facebook message to News 5. “We want to make sure he knows he can be anything he sets his mind to.”
- Florida woman discovers nearly $1 billion in her bank account
- Petition to stop Amazon founder Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after space trip nears 40,000 signatures
- It’s here — the best deals of Prime Day 2021
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Tokyo Olympics allowing only 50% capacity — 10K local fans — in venues