SUMMERDALE, Ala. (WKRG) — Robert Donahue III, 5, takes the motto “dress for the job you want” to heart. According to a Facebook post from his mother Ashleigh Monday, they were in the front yard watering plants and young Robert was outside in his kid-sized police uniform.
The School Resource Officer for Summerdale Police pulled over and stopped for a chat. The kind gesture was appreciated by the family.
“[Robert] has wanted to be a police officer for about a year and he got a uniform for his birthday in June. We can barely take it off him to be washed,” wrote his mom Ashleigh Donahue in a Facebook message to News 5. “We want to make sure he knows he can be anything he sets his mind to.”
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Pensacola man who shot intruder inside his home tells his story
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Mennonite farmers say U.S. won’t let them in from Mexico to buy equipment
- Fraudulent unemployment claims rise as tax deadline approaches — What you need to do