When Brooks Koepka goes for a historic three-peat in the PGA Championship, there won’t be anyone at Harding Park to cheer him on. The PGA of America confirms the first major of this unusual year won’t have spectators. The PGA Championship is scheduled for Aug. 6-9 in San Francisco. It’s the first major of a golf calendar reconfigured because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The U.S. Open is scheduled for September and the Masters is in November.
The British Open was canceled. No one has ever won the PGA Championship three straight times in stroke play.
- Jimmy Green Junior Tour wraps up successful summer season
- South Alabama to start preseason camp on Wednesday
- UMS-Wright, Fairhope and Vigor among local teams ranked in ASWA preseason poll
- Foley prepares for first year under Deric Scott
- Former Murphy Panther releases new short film