(WKRG) — This week, the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources announced the opening day of recreational red snapper season for summer 2020. This year’s season will consist of four-day weekends beginning Friday, May 22, through Sunday, July 19.
Anglers should keep the following in mind:
– Weekends are from Friday through Monday
– The Daily bag limit is 2 per person with a minimum size of 16 inches total length
– Anglers over 16 years of age must have an Alabama saltwater fishing license
– ALL ANGLERS 16 and older must have a Gulf Reef Fish Endorsement to fish for or possess ANY reef fish. You can get this online at outdooralabama.com
-Each vessel is required by law to file a landing report on Snapper Check before removing the fish from the boat
For more information on this and other new fishing regulations, visit outdooralabama.com.
- Tracking TD 3; Increasing Rain Chances at Home
- Police say 4 officers shot in St. Louis protests
- UPDATE: No injuries or fatalities at Bangkok Thai Cuisine fire on Highway 90; 1 person in custody
- Floridians, Alabamians oppose contact tracing in the workplace
- Higher rain chances this week, Monitoring Tropical Depression in the Gulf of Mexico