Her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2015. It came back a second time, and she was then diagnosed with a brain tumor in March 2019 during her treatments.
“While she was going through treatment, they found a brain tumor,” Swift told Variety. “And the symptoms of what a person goes through when they have a brain tumor is nothing like what we’ve ever been through with her cancer before. So it’s just been a really hard time for us as a family.”
She said she plans to cut back on her tour dates this summer to spend some more time with her mother.
“I mean, we don’t know what is going to happen,” she told Variety. “We don’t know what treatment we’re going to choose. It just was the decision to make at the time, for right now, for what’s going on.”
- New pet mask helps save dog during early morning fire
- Babysitter accidentally shot 10-year-old boy while taking selfies with gun, police say
- College athlete compensation passes final Senate committee
- FDA issues warning to Jimmy John’s over safety violations
- Coronavirus: What Alabama health officials want you to know