SACRAMENTO, Cal. (WKRG) — Neil Peart, the long-time drummer for the Canadian rock band Rush, died January 7th in Santa Monica, California.
According to a family spokesman, he died of brain cancer, which he had been battling for the past 3 years.
Peart became the drummer and lyricist for the band after joining Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson in 1974.
He was widely considered one of the greatest drummers in rock history and was also an accomplished author.
Neil Peart was 67 years old.
- Stimulus checks: Would a $1,500 payment make you more likely to get a COVID vaccine?
- Rumbling shakes up South Baldwin County and beyond
- BIKER DAD: Florida rider killed “popping wheelies” at high speed
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents
- City of Mobile to delay issuance of Mardi Gras parade permits