SEMMES, Ala. (WKRG) – Moe’s Original Barbecue has started a “Feed a First Responder Program.” With this program, for every 20 plates bought at $10 each, Moe’s Barbecue will bring those meals to a local first responder group.
Grant Saltz, co-owner of local Moe’s Barbecue locations explains, “A couple weeks ago, we decided to start allowing customers who came in the opportunity to buy a $10 meal and once we hit 20, we would deliver them to a hospital, fire department or police station.”
All of the Moe’s Barbecue locations in Baldwin and Mobile counties are participating. Grant also tells me that last week they dropped over 100 meals at several locations and they are planning to do the same this week.
“It helps not only the first responder that are out there working on the front lines, but it also helps local restaurants too….us!”
You can either head into their stores to get takeout, do curbside pickup or even Venmo them your donation at @MoesOriginalBBQGulfCoast.
Check out the video for more!
- Birmingham bar owner to close business on election day, staff to serve as poll workers
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor
- Scary good resale value: Sold-out 12′ Home Depot skeleton is reselling for more than $1,500
- Tropical depression expected to form this weekend in the Caribbean