KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A dog is recovering after being thrown off a highway overpass in Knoxville as police search for information on the perpetrator.
The Knoxville Police Department is asking for the public’s help to identify the suspect after a dog was thrown off the Alcoa Highway overpass near Tyson Park around 3 a.m. Monday.
Officers were in the area at the time of the incident and quickly transported it to the University of Tennessee veterinarian facility. She is expected to live and be transferred to Young-Williams Animal Center.
If you have any information on the incident, you’re urged to call the Crime Hotline at 865-215-7212 or the Animal Control Unit at 865-215-8640. Callers can remain anonymous.
- Early morning shooting reported at Baymont by Wyndham in Mobile
- Scattered showers this morning, clearing afternoon
- St. Paul’s beats Pleasant Grove to win 5A State Championship
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas