OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A Hurlburt Field woman who was court-ordered to return her two children to the primary custody of their father instead left the state with the children and ceased all contact with him.
40-year old Shawna Jeremiah was told to return the 4-year-old and 7-year-old children to their father on October 1. Deputies say she never showed up with them.
The father filed for and was granted an emergency child pick-up order on Oct. 5 in Okaloosa Circuit Court. Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office investigators were able to initially track Shawna Jeremiah to Montana, then to Tucson, Ariz., where she was taken into custody Oct. 9 on OCSO warrants for interfering with child custody and failing to comply with a domestic violence injunction for protection. The children have been safely reunited with their father.
- Trump, Biden in Tampa Thursday for dueling rallies
- Governor Reeves to tour Hurricane Zeta damage, hold press conference
- One storm-related fatality confirmed in unincorporated area of Clarke County
- Greater Gulf State Fair delays opening until Saturday
- Family says hero brother saved 9-year-old after man grabbed, tried to ‘drag’ boy out of corn maze