MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A woman was arrested after police say she left her 8-year-old child alone in a hotel room while she worked.
On Friday, Sept. 4, at about 5 p.m., police responded to the Econo Lodge, 400 South Beltline Highway, in reference to an abandoned child. A person said the cleaning crew was attempting to clean the room and discovered the 8-year-old child alone inside of the room.
The mother arrived on the scene at about 6 p.m. and said she left her son inside the hotel room alone for about eight hours while she was at work. Meagan Taylor, 30, was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment and possession of marijuana.
- Mobile ranks high for focus on single family homes
- Tree crushes man’s two cars in Semmes
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Ferry service proposed as alternative to congested Garcon Point Bridge