MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile Police say a mother stabbed her son to death at The Estates at Lafayette Square early Wednesday morning.
Police responded to the apartment complex at about 5:40 a.m., in reference to a person stabbed. When officers arrived, they found the victim lying on the ground suffering from a stab wound.
The victim was identified as 26-year-old Dominic Stallworth.
Stallworth was transported to the hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Investigators determined that Stallworth’s mother, 41-year-old Teresa Stallworth, was responsible for his death. The mother has been arrested and charged with manslaughter.
- UPDATE: ALEA cancels AMBER alert for missing girl from Slocomb
- First public input meeting set for Truck Bridge project
- 10-year-old Pace boy in critical condition after being hit by car on Gulf Boulevard
- House Republicans to vote on Rep. Liz Cheney’s fate in coming week
- NY shooting victim: ‘I just dropped to the ground and was asking for help’