MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A 17-year-old carjacking suspect is charged with attempting to elude and no pistol permit after he crashed a stolen truck into a sign.
On Wednesday, Aug. 12, at about 11:13 a.m., police located a 2017 Toyota Tacoma that was taken in a carjacking. The vehicle was located at the Citgo Station, 507 Azalea Road, parked near the fuel pump. Officers approached the vehicle, the driver fled and a pursuit ensued until the subject crashed into a large wooden sign.
The driver was taken into custody without an incident. Daundre Winston, 17, was arrested and charged with attempting to elude, no pistol permit and receiving stolen property.
- ESPN: NFL doctor accidentally punctured QB’s lung
- Road to Recovery: Staff works to clean up mess Hurricane Sally left on Orange Beach
- OWA to create “Wall of Thanks” to show appreciation to linecrews, you’re welcome to contribute
- Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida Keys
- Fairhope residents thank power crews with parade