CLEVELAND (WJW)– A Cleveland man was sentenced to 11 years in prison for raping a 9-year-old girl.
Ricardo Correa, 27, pleaded guilty to four counts of rape part-way through the trial.
Cuyahoga County prosecutors said Correa repeatedly raped the victim when she was 8 and 9 years old, and told her not to tell anyone.
In April 2018, the victim’s sister and cousin reported the crime to school counselors, who contacted Cleveland police.
According to court documents, the victim was diagnosed with trichomoniasis, which is a sexually-transmitted disease.
- Pit bulls save Ohio woman from assault, police say
- Areas of dense fog tonight and into Tuesday morning
- Too cute! Weiner dogs race on ice!
- A really cool competition
- Huge flock of birds shows up on weather radar!