BILOXI, Miss (WKRG) — A burglay suspect jumped into the Gulf of Mexico to avoid capture.
William Buchholz, 35, is accused of stealing items from a business on Beach Boulevard Thursday.
When Biloxi Police arrived, he ran and dropped goods along the way. As a last ditch effort, he jumped off a pier. Police and the Marine Patrol were able to catch him.
Buchholz is being held in Harrison County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- Alabama lawmakers write letter on COVID-19 distribution problems
- With Mobile County hospitals overcapacity, health officials hope to see COVID-19 decline
- Montgomery homicide suspect arrested in Escambia County, Fla.
- MPD: Man awakens to strange woman drinking soda, holding bag of pepperoni in his bedroom