BILOXI, Miss (WKRG) — A burglay suspect jumped into the Gulf of Mexico to avoid capture.
William Buchholz, 35, is accused of stealing items from a business on Beach Boulevard Thursday.
When Biloxi Police arrived, he ran and dropped goods along the way. As a last ditch effort, he jumped off a pier. Police and the Marine Patrol were able to catch him.
Buchholz is being held in Harrison County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
- Mobile ranks high for focus on single family homes
- Tree crushes man’s two cars in Semmes
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Ferry service proposed as alternative to congested Garcon Point Bridge