(WKRG) — In this week’s edition of Cooking with John, guest Cynthia Bridges with Buffalo Rock shows us how to make Pepsi BBQ Sauce.
1/2 onion, finely chopped (about a cup)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups ketchup
6 ounces Pepsi
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon mustard
2 tablespoons vinegar
Combine all the ingredients in a heavy non-reactive saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer. Simmer the sauce until reduced by a quarter, 6 to 8 minutes. Use right away or transfer to a large jar, cover, cool to room temperature and refrigerate. The sauce will keep for several months.
MORE COOKING WITH JOHN
- Cooking with John: Grilled Ribeye Steak and Potatoes with Smoky Paprika Rub
- Cooking with John: Making Taco Salad
- Cooking with John: Aloha Beef Sliders
- Cooking with John: Chicken on the Boulevard
- Cooking with John: YoHo Rum tacos