SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) — In this week’s edition of Cooking with John, guest Chef JJ Nelson with Barnyard Cafeteria shows us how to make Mac & Cheese.
- Boil 10 lbs of macaroni noodles (keep seperate)
- Cut up 2lbs of butter into squares
- Place in pan, and top with shredded cheese
- Strain noodles
- Pour hot noodles over butter and cheese. (Let it sit for 2 minutes for butter and cheese to start melting.)
- Mix evenly with a long handled spoon
- Add 1.5 cups of AP Flour, 1 gallon of milk, 8 tablespoons of kosher salt, and 3 tea spoons of white pepper
- Mix evenly and again Taste mixture.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Add pinches of flour to thicken or milk to dilute.
- Spray a pan, then fill with mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover pan with wrap, then foil.
- Bake @ 350 for 30-45 minutes. (Bake maybe 5 minutes uncovered to melt cheese topping.)
Find more information about Barnyard Cafeteria online or call (251) 679-1461. They are located at 1020 US-43 S, Saraland, AL 36571.
- Alabama’s 11 pm alcohol sales curfew expected to end Tuesday after ABC Board vote
- Tiny airborne particles may pose a big coronavirus problem
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Bombshell Trump tax revelation could tarnish business mogul image that fueled his rise
- Weather Aware Today; Much Cooler by Tomorrow