- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 12 sweet Hawaiian honey wheat dinner rolls, split, warmed
- Sweet or dill pickle slices or pickled jalapeños
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, Worcestershire and pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef mixture evenly onto rolls. Garnish with toppings, if desired.
October is Beef Month in Alabama. This recipe and many other beef recipes can be found at beefitswhatsfordinner.com.
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Tracking line of strong thunderstorms passing our region this morning
- Final Saturday for in-person absentee voting in Mobile County
- FNFF Play of the Week (Week 10)
- FNFF Mascot of the Week: McGill-Toolen