Faith Time: Pray for Pensacola

SPONSORED CONTENT: Faith Time

PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Joining us this morning are Lou and Samantha Quiroz with Pray for Pensacola. This has been a year where a lot of people have been praying for relief and salvation. What is Pray for Pensacola?

Guest: Pray for Pensacola is a non-profit, prayer and fasting movement design to encourage every Christian to pray and fast for our city. We were a group from many different churches and many different backgrounds. We connected by the internet. Back then, Pensacola was a small town with a large amount of problems. We had two abortion clinics. We didn’t have a real “full-time” mayor yet. The downtown was empty, old and dead on the weekends. Poverty was a continual issue. We decided to tackle a different problem every day for 40 days. What we saw each year was that God slowly changed our city.

Anchor: Why is prayer important?

Guest: To quote one of my favorite authors. “I pray because I can’t help myself. … I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God. It changes me.” C.S. Lewis. Prayer makes us more like Jesus – Prayer shows us the heart of God – Prayer reveals the wisdom of God.

There will be a prayer rally in Pensacola on November 21st.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

More Local News

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories