Tampa, Fla. (CNN) — Labrador retrievers are the top dogs in American hearts. That’s according to the newly released breed ranking from the American Kennel Club. It shows labs were the most-registered puppies to the AKC in 2019. That’s an honor the pooches have held for 29 years.
Other breeds in the top ten include Bulldogs, German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers. The Pembroke Welsh Corgi jumped into the top 10 for the first time this year.
The list only includes Kennel Club-certified purebreds, so no Golden-Doodles or Yorki-Poos. More than half of pet dogs are mixed breeds, perhaps proving that Americans love an underdog.
- Reports: NY officials altered count of nursing home deaths
- Spacewalking astronauts tackle more solar panel advance work
- Seasonal with Increasing Rain Chances Late
- Teacher had to lock sub out of Florida classroom after he attacked students, police say
- EXCLUSIVE: Greyhound CEO tells head of DHS migrant passengers must have proof they are COVID-free