INDEPENDENCE, Ken. (CNN) — A day off school for one Kentucky family turned tragic for the mother. She had to be airlifted to a hospital after suffering serious burns.
The woman was using a gas can to fill up a children’s size motorcycle for her kids to play with, but was smoking a cigarette at the same time. That caused vapors from the gas to ignite and set her on fire.
Authorities are warning others about the dangers of smoking while working around flammable items,”our advice would be to use common sense. Do not use any kind of flammable device when you’re using gasoline or any kind of flammable liquid,” said Captain Russ Wood of Independence Police
Fire does not need to come into contact with gasoline to start a fire. Vapors produced by fuel can ignite if they waft close enough to any source of strong heat.
- 40-percent of Democrats undecided in congressional race
- EMS employee arrested, accused of breaking into Grove Hill home while woman slept
- Pensacola Beach toll booth no longer accepting cash starting this spring
- Tuberville campaign says poll shows him leading Republican Senate race
- 5 Things To Do This Weekend: February 21-23