STURGIS, S.D. (KOTA/CNN) — It’s almost time for heat, hogs and leather. Well maybe not quite as much leather for sale this year. The organizers of the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota say covid restrictions are limiting the number of vendors at the event this year.
They’ll still sell everything from food to motorcycles and accessories. But this year there are about 330 vendors. Usually 700-800 can be expected.
Many of the no-shows this year will be corporate vendors like Harley-Davidson which has forbidden its corporate employees from traveling. Still hundreds of thousands of cycling enthusiasts are expected at what many say is the largest such gathering in the world.
LATEST BIKER DAD HEADLINES:
- Missouri motorcycle rally won’t be stopped by COVID-19
- Police ID motorcyclist killed in Rhode Island hit-and-run; suspect in custody
- FHP: Two bikers killed in in Northwest Florida when SUV makes left turn in front of them
- Man charged in deadly Nashville motorcycle crash
- Rhode Island police looking for hit and run driver who killed a biker