JOPLIN, Mo. — Cycle Connection, 402 East 7th, is hosted motorcycle enthusiasts Sunday to remember that everyone is sharing the road. Just this motorcycle season in the immediate Joplin area there have been three motorcycle fatalities.
Joplin Police motorcycle traffic officer and Major Crash Team investigator Ofc. Dalton Farmer spoke before kickstands go up at 2:00 pm.
“It’s all about motorcycle safety and awareness,” Nancy Hutson of Cycle Connection tells us. “We will ride around Joplin and end at Hope City Church.
We are riding to bring motorcycle awareness to the community, while remembering those we have lost recently to accidents. Doors will open at 12:30. Kick stands up at 2 heading on a short ride through the city and ending with an Ice Cream stop.CYCLE CONNECTION EVENT PAGE
MAY 13 — MO-86, North of Racine, Mo.
JUNE 19 — East 32nd & S Mississippi
- BIKER DAD: Thieves swipe motorcycle that belonged to wrestling legend Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage
- BIKER DAD: Dirty deed, dirt bike thief caught on camera
- Motorcycle crash in Pensacola shuts down 9th Avenue
- A day late: County installs traffic light at dangerous intersection where biker died
- Man accused of running down, killing biker because the victim was white found incompetent