WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJLT) –– Wichita Falls police are looking for a driver responsible for hitting a motorcyclist who later caught on fire due to the collision.
- 12-year-old motorcycle crash survivor makes miraculous recovery
- WKRG News 5 wins two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
- 2nd annual Unity Ride bringing bikers, law enforcement together
- Wyoming jury awards $2M to widow, daughter for biker crash
- Car enthusiasts travel to causeway for big event this weekend
It happened on Maurine Street at the intersection of Central Freeway Monday night around 9 p.m. According to Sergeant Cary Venable, the motorcyclist was stopped at a stop sign and was hit head on by a white Ford-150. After being hit, he was dragged by the truck while still on the bike, Venable said.
Authorities said the motorcyclist was on fire for a short period. He was taken to the hospital with burns. Venable said the motorcyclist is expected to be okay.