PIERRE, S.D. (KELO) — Lower speed limits will be in effect and temporary traffic signals will be at 11 locations to help ease traffic flow during the Sturgis motorcycle rally, officials from the state Department of Transportation said Wednesday.
The locations and speed limits are listed here.
DOT also plans message boards and portable speed-feedback trailers.
The rally officially runs August 7 through August 16. The temporary speed limits will be in effect August 6 through August 16.
The 2019 rally drew an estimated 450,000 visitors.
LATEST BIKER DAD STORIES
- Smash Mouth facing backlash over packed concert at Sturgis rally
- Business booming during Sturgis motorcycle rally
- Motorcyclist killed in Iowa crash with stolen car
- 80th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally sees 160,000 vehicles enter town
- No longer able to ride herself, Alabama nursing home resident gets her wish to hang out with more than a 100 bikers