FAIRFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting at a Fairfield night club.
Early Sunday morning around 1:30, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office responded to a shooting call from the Hell Lovers Motor Cycle Club at 4500 Gary Avenue in Fairfield.
Deputies arrived and were informed that a former member had been asked to leave, and at that time the ex-club member pulled a gun and pointed it at a current club member, the sheriff’s office reports. The club member then pulled his own weapon and fired striking the ex-member. The injured man fled the scene on foot.
Sheriff’s deputies found the man about a block away hiding under an abandoned house. Paramedics treated the man on the scene and he was transported to a nearby hospital with unknown conditions. Detectives are investigating this case.
Please follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Stimulus checks: Millions sign online petitions calling for monthly payments until pandemic ends
- Video: NYPD officer grabs 4-year-old shooting victim, runs her to safety
- Iowa becomes latest state to cancel $300 federal unemployment benefit, cites labor shortage
- IRS has $1.3 billion in unclaimed tax refunds, and there’s 1 week left to claim them
- Can schools require COVID-19 vaccines for students now that Pfizer’s shot is authorized for kids 12 and up?