COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A shooting at a South Carolina motorcycle shop that killed one man and hurt four others escalated from an argument in the parking lot, authorities said.
Two people have been charged, but not with the Thursday afternoon shooting itself outside Capital City Cycles in Columbia, Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said in a statement.
- 4 people seriously hurt after crash involving several motorcycles on I-264 in Virginia Beach
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
- Bikers for Christ blesses motorcyclists
- Biker cop masks up as Captain American to encourage kids to stay safe
- BIKER DAD REPORT: Alabama bills impact bikers; the ‘Dukes of Daytona’ strike again with another wild jump at a draw bridge
The sheriff said more charges may come as the investigation continues.
Two of the people wounded remain in the hospital, Lott said.
The name of the man killed has not been released,
Kristopher Wheat, 36, was arrested after he was released from the hospital and charged with obstruction of justice, while James Hill, 58 is charged with first-degree assault by mob, Lott said.
The men remain in jail awaiting a bond hearing. It wasn’t known if they had lawyers to speak on their behalf.