LUBBOCK, Texas (KLBK)— A police report provided some new details on a deadly crash Tuesday night near 82nd Street and Quaker Avenue. Police have not yet released the name of a motorcycle rider who died, and the name is not included in the police report.
The report does describe what led up to the crash.
“[The motorcycle rider] accelerated eastbound on 82nd Street from Quaker Ave and then pulled the motorcycle into a wheelie, riding the back wheel while continuing at a high rate of speed,” the report said. “[The motorcycle rider] then began to wobble and lost control of the motorcycle and wrecked near the south curb.”
The motorcycle rider was pronounced dead at the scene.
- BIKER DAD: Mom has one word for her cancer: ‘Fight’; And bikers are there to fight with her
- California corrections officer killed in motorcycle crash
- BIKER DAD: Caffeine and octane kick ‘Cars and Coffee’ into high gear
- Caught on camera: Man acting strange, armed with gun, machete taken down at motorcycle dealership
- BIKER DAD REPORT: Local movie made with bikers’ help finally gets a release date, motorcycle museum up in flames