Pawtucket police and fire crews, along with Rhode Island State Police, responded to the intersection of Lonsdale Avenue and Harrison Street around 9:30 p.m. for a reported hit-and-run.
Upon arrival, the victim, later identified as Lenon Dos Reis, 27, of Pawtucket, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
The fleeing vehicle was located on Saturday, allowing detectives to identify the suspect as Robert Rosales.
Rosales, 20, was arrested and charged with duty to stop in an accident resulting in personal injury/death. Police said he was arraigned by a bail commissioner on Sunday and held as a violator.
MORE BIKER DAD STORIES:
- BIKER DAD: Bikers, car lovers support local veterans Saturday
- Motorcycle accident temporarily shuts down road in Fairhope
- American Legon Riders hosting car/bike show this weekend
- ‘Rally Off Exit 86’ motorcycle event kicks off without ‘Bikes, Blues, & BBQ’
- Florida panhandle man killed in motorcycle crash