AUSTIN (KXAN) — A motorcyclist was taken to a hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries following a crash in west Austin in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Medics were called to the crash at the 3800 block of Gilbert Street at about 2:30 a.m.
Once they arrived at the scene, a trauma alert was declared on the adult patient, Austin-Travis County EMS said.
The motorcyclist was taken to Dell Medical Center with injuries described as serious and potentially life-threatening.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident, EMS said.
- Keeping streets clean at Sturgis Rally 2020
- New York, several other states order Sturgis bikers to quarantine when they return home from massive motorcycle rally
- Legends ride helps local charities during Sturgis rally
- V-twin motorcycle builders compete at Buffalo Chip during Sturgis rally
- Couples check Sturgis motorcycle rally off their bucket list